Friday 3 December 2010

Backpacking lifestyle- NAH!!

Arrived in Ontario at 12.56 local time on November 22nd 2010.
Diane picked me up from the airport and she took me to Mindrum Precision (her business) and showed me around. We then went shopping at Victoria Gardens. We saw Santa (freaky), he was looking through a window so Diane curiously went up beside him and peered through the window to see what he was looking at! CLICK! Santa was set up for a picture with a little boy inside his wooden house and Diane was now in the photo too!! LOL! it was so funny!
I tell you- I had forgotten how amazing the mountains are here- really something. I wish I had more time here so I could go out and get some great shots.
4pm- we drove to Cable Airport and after a quick plane ride with my two personal pilots- we were in Santa Monica for a lovely chinese dinner. AMAZING!
Taken from my window-
 
My personal pilots HAH!! Diane and Ken

Looking like I have something stuck up my bum!! :O
Back to Cable Airport and a drink at Chucks hanger/bar! very cool! like somthing out of a movie! Met with two photographyer ladies :)
Back to Diane's place and a couple more beers.

Tuesday 23rd November

Woke up early and straight back to Cable Airport for breakfast. Diane's dad joined us.
Once Ken arrived ( Diane's co-pilot/ instructor dude who flies for an american international airline) we departed for Santa Barbara. MASSIVE houses there- I would have loved to nosy round them and take some photos. Apparently this is where Opera lives! hah!
We had a lovely lunch on the beach and a walk on the pier- very windy day!

Back to Cable- then straight to LAX for my 10 hour and 55 minute flight to Nadi, Fiji.
Lots of fun in such a short stay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment