Tuesday 7 December 2010

Scott's Birthday!

So its the 30th November in Fiji today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT BAXTER!!!!!! hehe!! love you!
Todays forecast- SUNSHINE!! hello! i've bloody well missed you! haha!

I woke up at 6am- saw that it was sunny and got straight to the beach with my camera. haha!

bit squint- need a wee bit of photoshoppy i think! haha! :P
Such a gorgeous walk along the beach and no one around! :) happy days! I even had to sit down and take it all in- AWESOME!
After breakfast me and eils went straight back to the beach and set up our sun loungers for the day! I got my goggles out- (no need for $20 to borrow snorkle gear when i can wear my ever so trendy gogs that were a 5er and let water in-LOL)
The fish were amazing out on the reef though- i felt like i was one of them swimming about- finally felt like a mermaid! HAHA! or something from finding nemo- i was super happy! the fish were so colourful- didnt see any nemos though- that was pretty upsetting. i saw a couple of HUGE bright blue starfish though- they were the best- it was funny to see them all curled round bit of coral or just flat oot on the sea bed! I couldnt help myself and think of finding nemo quotes the whole time- thought of jill and i just couldnt stop laughing bubbles under the water to myself! hahaha! idiot!

To dry off I took another walk by my lonesome- well i had my wee buddy d90! he's so cool! although should have thought about taking the lens cap as poor lens got a bit mucky from all the salty water windyness! heres a few snaps from my walkabout Mantaray Island-
I liked photographing the rocks over the beach- the sand wasnt white like i thought fiji sand would be- instead it was pretty corally- sore on ones feet!! :O
had to be done :S
now back to my rocks-
not very good photographer am i? bloody squint photos- haha! Andy would not be happy! :P but i was sooo snap happy i just wanted to take lots and lots of photos and didnt get all perfectionist about them! hmm- will sort this out on a later date!

Later....after luncheon we were off on the boat to go to another island, however...we were waiting in the smaller boat for over an hour. Some of us decided to go and jump in to cool off- it was bloody hot and we were all burning i tell you!! it was definately a good idea to begin with- we were all happily swimming- just keep swimming, just keep swimming- you know how it goes! AND THEN....JELLOFISH!! I mean jellyfish- i just got excited and carried away just then!! Yep first i heard it, then i felt it. little nips on my skin. we all swam as quickly as we could and get back on the boat! Although I felt the stings- i didnt have much of a mark- little ones on my knee. RUBBISH! i wanted some war wounds to tell the grandkids one day! LOL! --NAH!
Anyways- goodbye Mantaray Island. (WAVE)

Dutch girl- who (not so much here) i think looks identical to the girl in parent trap. NO not lindsay lohan- the old parent trap!! doesnt she? yes!!! me- looking all fresh from the salty waters and jellofish stings, and brazillian guy. All three of us were having a good chat about our cameras at this point :P two thumbs up, fine holiday fun! i think i've said this before! doh!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe loving that you felt like one of the fish. You should of bought a cheap underwater camera (you can get a throw-away one) so that you can take piccys of the beautiful coloured fish and coral unda da sea. The top two photos and the one of the big cave rock thing are fantastic shots, they're ace-eo! How did you meet dutch girl and braz boy? lol - Are you on a snap happy course? I heard that if you get stung by a jello-fish some one need to pee on you - or is that a sting ray...hmmm... just be careful in those waters, there's prob sharks you know dunna dunna dunna dunna love youuuuu wish i was experiencing this with youuuu xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete