Sunday 12 December 2010

Fly to Brisbane

Thursday 2nd December 2010
8.15am Depart Fiji
9.15am Arrive Brisbane, Australia

Train to Varsity Lakes when my cousin Jodie is coming to pick me up- YIIIPPEE!! Very excited to be here, although it is chucking it down! Isn't it SUMMER???
It's wierd how you picture a place and it is completely different in reality. I did not expect Australia to be tropical- I suppose I thought it would just be hot and dry. But its really humid and there are lots of tropical birds and plants- palm trees :D very cool!
Jodie's house is soo lovely- finally got to meet her kids Jake and Brooklyn and her hubby Mick. My Aunty Sue came over later as well- soo good to see family.

Friday 3rd- Finally saw Harry Potter- WOW I cannot wait for the next one
Saturday 4th- Jodie took me to work with her and I got a free facial and pedicure. WINNER! :P haha!
Walked around the area of Burleigh Heads- nice beach and you can see Surfers cityscape from there. It would have been doubly cool if the sun was out and I could take some pictures, but NO it was still chucking it down. Its like monsoon weather here! mental! The bad weather keeps following me I swear.
Later we all went out for dinner- I finally met with my uncle (that sounds funny doesn't it?) Uncle Keith- and we all went for a mexican in Coolangatta.
Sunday 5th- shopping :D
Tuesday7th- Aunty Sue picked me and Jake up and we went to her housee! DOUBLE WOW!!! the back of her house looks out over the most amazing view! I will take some photographs when the rain stops I promise! But WOW OH WOW!!! There were parrots and cockatoos flying about as well! I did take some photos in the end, but seem to have misplaced my uploader wire thingy!
Its crazy- Sue lives over the boarder into New South Wales and there is an hour time difference here! How mental is that? I was scared I was going to miss my flight the following morning.
Wednesday 8th- Fly to Melbourne to start my Oz Experience adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment