Sunday 21 November 2010

Buttered Rum Cashew Ice-cream

20th November 2010
Awake in fathers gorgeous hotel in Bandera, Texas. Had the wierdest dreams about zombies-haha! don't ask! freaky though! boiled egg for breakfast and overcast weather outside! NOT FAIR! its supposed to clear later though! I arrived at San Antonio airport at 5pm yesterday and straight to dinner. Havent been back to Bandera for a year or so, so its nice to be here, see the changes and see Dad and Linda. Theres a cat here now too, although dad wont let her inside the house! HAH! typical!


I bummed around the house- took some photos, not too inspiring with the overcasst skies. Although did manage a good one here when the sun popped out and the blue sky opened up!Went for coffee at the new coffee house Dogleg Coffee House! haha! bizarre name hey! (is that how you spell bizarre? LOL!)
The sky had cleared completely now- so I scarpered off leaving Dad and Linda to look at some antique shoppys. I thought I would take a walk down the river! It got HOT!! I think 78 degrees. Wish I hadnt worn jeans.
The river was beautiful.
I think I have this new found fetish for trees and water!!!! LOL!!


I tell you- I didn't want to leave the sun was just perfect and soo warm- bliss!! but i had to go back to the house! I needed to pee- and i wasnt gonna drop me brechs out here- somethin' might grab me!! haha! I know Liz would have though! any excuse for a bit of outdoor nature living eh Liz?? haha!!

Got back in, grabbed myself a book and read out on the porch!

I know what Scotts doing right now!! laughing!!! and yes I did take a photograph of myself! LOL! but Liz wanted to see me here in these places! haha! Finally started that book too! Its a bit wierd Lizzy- but I shall persist!

Dinner at Mac and Ernies- NOT burt and ernies OR mac and cheese!!!!!!!
It was a really cool place, really casual, plastic plates and forks!! BUT the food was sooo GOOD! me and dad had steaks (we were allowed steak knives for this, although not so good on the old plastic plate) i had yummo jalopeno gravy on mine too. BUT the best part of this dinner-dessert! as always!ICE-CREAM! i am in luck with all these strange ice-creams lately. It was Buttered Rum Cashew flavour- wierd salty ice cream with this alcoholic liquor twist- crazy wierd but BOY OH BOY do I want some more right now! haha!! LOVED IT!!!

Sunday 21st November 2010

Today we went to Queen B's - an English Tea rooms in Ingram, Texas. It was the wierdest experience ever! It was like some old ladies house where she had hoarded all her junk over the years- soo many tea-pots- on the walls, the shelves, the floors, on the drive way on the way upto the little house, hanging tea pots! really crazy! like a cat ladies house! haha!! and the funniest thing was that the old lady who ran the joint, she looked like Helena Bonham Carter- an old lady version- crazy hair- white, pale skin, big cheek bones and piercing eyes! she was great!
We had Roast Lamb, yorkshire puds to start, and i had pumkin cheesecake for dessert! haha!! it was pretty yummy! very large portions though! but what they hey im not going to be able to afford real food for a while so i'll fit it all in!! YUM YUM!!!! YES Scott- fatty fatty boom boom! I hear ya!!



1 comment:

  1. Haha loving the blog, very entertaining. Hows the book goin? Yeh, would love piccys of you in all the places you visit. Wish i was joining ya. Stay safe, love ya lots xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete