Friday 14 January 2011

Chiang Mai

Later that day- I arrive in Chiang Mai and feeling pretty safe, two thumbs up! Taxi to a guesthouse in town, it was fully booked so I went to one across the street! DIVA guesthouse baby- what an ace place! I soon settled back into dorm life!
Met Tobias and Mark from Preston and had a walkabout town and my first TUK TUK experience! And boy oh boy it was wild! I kept screaming and laughing so the driver kept laughing and driving all crazy like! it was funny! Had some intersting cocktails at a local bar plus a neverending supply of popcorn- awesome! :D

6/1/11 Tiger Kingdom
The boys rented mopeds and I asked if I could go along, I didn't think it wise for me to rent my own as the people drive all crazy here! Instead trust a strange boy! haha! only joking! he wasn't that strange and knew he rode bikes at home so all is good! Dont worry! LOL
Ended up having the most amazing day! Baby tiger first
and then the big ones!! :O
and in case your wandering, no they weren't sedated! they just sleep a lot during the day!

I know Jill- look at that tongue!

After Tiger Kingdom we got back on the mopeds and carried on riding through the countryside round Chiang Mai! Do you call it countryside? LOL! but WOW it was beautiful! and really nice roads.
We got back to the hostel and Julie had arrived! YIIPPEE!! I also moved into a civilised triple bed as Julie was with her new friend Rachel. We now had a nice little group :D Yaaye!
We all went for a walkabout to the night bazaar and had some street food. Everyone went back to the hostel after but me and Julie had some catch up times so headed for the pub!!! Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment